4:30 - 8:00 p.m.
For the first time ever, see the San Francisco Zoo at night as it glows under magical holiday lights. Enjoy the lighting of the 30-foot tree at Entry Village, then take a sparkling moonlight meander through the Zoo as it twinkles with cheer: See the reindeer romp, party with the penguins and sing along to seasonal entertainment throughout the Zoo, including special appearances by the stars of The Lion King, Mythbusters’ Jamie Hyneman and the Grateful Dead’s Bob Weir.
Additional highlights on 12/21 will include:
- The Piedmont Troubadours, Entry Village
- Free Carousel rides
- Pive Bats from NorCal Bats, Pachyderm Building
- Jingle Bats Craft Station, Pachyderm Building
- Emcee Lizzie Bermudez, PG&E Main Stage
- San Francisco City Chorus, PG&E Main Stage
- Tap-Dancing Christmas Trees, PG&E Main Stage
- Holiday Sing-Along by Songbook Night, PG&E Main Stage
- Wally the Penguin
- Princess Zoo-Roar-A
Zoo Lights is open to the general public at December 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30; 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Free for SFZS Members, please bring your membership card for entry. Not a member? Join today!
Thank you to all who made Zoo Lights possible:
Bob Weir and Tri Studios
Carlton Christmas Trees
Cresco Equipment Rentals
Disher Music and Sound
Polarity Post Production
Straus Family Creamery
Twentieth Century Fox