- PLAN YOUR VISIT
Tickets and Info
Animals and Exhibits
Donations and Membership
Education and Conservation
10:30-11:30 am Garden Walk of the Zoo – meet at the front entrance
11:00 am Opening of Event with the flight of a vulture
11:00 am -3:00 pm Farmer’s Market Lounge, activities by local conservationists and sustainable food outreach, food
and drink sampling from vendors, activities in Greenie’s garden
11:30 am, 1:00 pm & 3:00 pm Performance by Alphabet Rockers
Special keeper talks for Earth Day include:
11:00 am Australian Walkabout
11:00 am Flying vulture and Animal Encounter at Greenie's Conservation Corner
11:00 am Chimpanzee
12:00 noon Donga talk at the African Savanna
1:00 pm Lemurs at Lemur Forest
3:00 pm Family Farm Barnyard
Lot to see and do
• US Fish and Wildlife and California Fish and Wildlife will discuss illegal trade of endangered species.
• Learn how to make smart seafood decisions with the Bay Area Sustainable Seafood Alliance.
• Find out all you want to know about bees with the UC Berkeley Bee Lab.
• Recycling games with the San Francisco Department of the Environment.
• What is going on at Mountain Lake? Find out at the Presidio Trust's table.
• Make a statement in support of AB 96 and support elephants, rhinos and other wildlife!
• Find out about organic gardening and sustainable water use in Greenie's Conservation Corner.
• Lowe's Garden Center will be talking plants.
• Food demonstrations and tastings by Fiacciola Meats.
• Tastings of Peerless Coffee, TCHO chocolates, Posh Bakery, Just Tomatoes, and Coca-cola beverages.
• Bring your own reusable water bottle and fill up at our Water Bar! Or buy a Zoo bottle and fill it up on your visit.
• Join us at the Freshpoint Produce Lounge to taste healthy fruit and veggies while taking in the sounds of Alphabet Rockers!