World Giraffe Day
We're celebrating our long-necked friends on the first annual World Giraffe Day, June 21, which also happens to be the longest day of the year. Actually, we love giraffes so much, we decided to celebrate the whole weekend! World Giraffe Day is a global celebration of these amazing animals and an annual opportunity to raise public awareness about challenges they face in the wild. To mark the occasion, we're scheduling extra keeper talks and an interactive enrichment-building experience, and receiving donations of old jeans for Jeans for Giraffes, which is a project that raises funds for giraffe research and protects giraffe populations in Africa. Visitors who donate denim for the Jeans for Giraffes will be entered in a raffle to win a behind-the-scenes visit with our beloved herd of giraffes. So join us all weekend at the African Savanna to appreciate these majestic beauties ... and don't forget those jeans!
World Giraffe Day Weekend Schedule
- 9:00 - 10:00 am Members' Morning in Bernard Osher Giraffe Lodge (Sunday only)
- 10:30 am Keeper Talk at North Overlook
- 2:00 pm Enrichment making at acacia plaza
- 4:30 pm Keeper Talk in the Bernard Osher Giraffe Lodge
- Added Bonus: On June 21, the Zoo will stay open until 6:00pm!
More on our other Conservation Progams