Zoo II is a committee of young Bay Area professionals dedicated to expanding conservation, raising awareness and encouraging financial support of the San Francisco Zoological Society (SFZS) by connecting to members of the community through a variety of social events. These activities include Urban Safaris (social happy hours and events in downtown San Francisco) and an annual party at the Zoo called FurBall. All proceeds and contributions from Zoo II efforts support the Zoo’s animals, programs and employees. Become a Zoo II member and join a growing group of young professionals and philanthropists who are seeking opportunities to connect people with wildlife, inspire caring for nature and advance conservation action.
In order to join Zoo II, you must be a member of the San Francisco Zoo. Members have the exclusive opportunity to join Zoo II for an additional donation of $10. Add a donation of $10 to any San Francisco Zoo membership by checking the "Join Zoo II” box on the membership form.
Annual Zoo II memberships are $95 for the individual ($85 Individual Membership + $10 donation for Zoo II) or $125 for the family ($115 Family Membership + $10 donation for Zoo II) and include complimentary or discounted admission to all Zoo II events, a one-year membership to the San Francisco Zoo, special volunteer opportunities and other unique benefits designed specifically for young professionals (listed below). Membership contributions directly support the Zoo’s animal care, education programs and wildlife conservation efforts and are partially tax-deductible.
All Zoo II members receive the following benefits:
- Complimentary year-round admission to the San Francisco Zoo
- Complimentary admission to specific Zoo II cultivation events, including Urban Safaris
- Advance notice and discounted admission to Zoo II’s signature event, the Fur Ball
- Opportunities to learn about and participate in conservation efforts at the San Francisco Zoo and in the community
- Invitations to exclusive members-only previews of new exhibits, guest lectures, educational programs and volunteer opportunities at the San Francisco Zoo
- Free or discounted admission to more than 100 zoos and aquariums nationwide
- A 10% discount at all Zoo shops, cafés, and carts
- Personalized Membership cards