We are committed to ensuring your day at the Zoo is both pleasant and fun. Every effort has been made to provide helpful services and accessibility for all of our visitors.
- The parking lot has many accessible parking spaces. Parking is free for disabled patrons providing proof of a disabled placard.
- Our Main Gate is accessible to all. Accessible routes and exhibit areas are indicated on the Zoo map, which can be found at the Main Gate.
- A special passenger car on the Little Puffer miniature steam train can accommodate a wheelchair.
- A special sand box is built high enough for wheelchair approach in the Meerkat and Prairie Dog exhibit.
- A special passenger car on the Dentzel Carousel accommodates wheelchair access.
Our daily rental options include ECV ($38), wheelchair ($15), single stroller ($15), double stroller ($18). They are available at the Main Gate on a first-come, first-served basis. We are unable to take reservations. Questions regarding rentals can be directed to the Gift Shop at (415) 213-8142.
Gifts and Souvenirs
Trying to find that special something for the animal lover in your life? Check out our fun shops for a wide variety of animal-related gifts, toys, plush friends, and apparel. You can feel great about your purchase because it will help support conservation programs at the Zoo. The Wildlife Connection Shop is located at the Main Gate of the Zoo, so you are free to shop there prior to entering the Zoo. There is also an ATM available inside the store.
Lost and Found
If you have lost a personal item at the Zoo, please contact the main office on weekdays at (415) 213-8111. All items that are not claimed within 30 days will be donated to Goodwill. If you have found someone else’s personal property, please turn it in at the Main Gate or give the item to any security staff member.
Restrooms can be found at the Elinor Friend Playground, Fisher Family Children’s Zoo (behind Red Barn), Lion House, Station Café, Friend and Taube Family Entry Village, by Greenie’s Conservation Corner and inside the Leaping Lemur Café.
Security guards are on Zoo grounds 24-hours a day to ensure the safety of our visitors and our animals.