ZEN AT THE ZOO
.Imagine performing yoga poses as giraffe and zebra graze nearby, that is the ultimate zen! This year, SF Zoo is offering its first ever Zen at the Zoo, featuring Vinyasa Flow. This one-hour outdoor class will be conducted in the “Donga,” the public viewing area that sits right in the middle of the Leanne B. Roberts African Savanna.
- Sunday, May 26
- Sunday, June 9
- Sunday, June 23
- Sunday, July 14
- Sunday, July 21
- Sunday, August 4
- Sunday, August 18
- Sunday, September 1
- Sunday, September 8
- Sunday, September 22
- Sunday, October 6
- Sunday, October 13
Suitable for all skill levels of yoga practitioners, Vinyasa Flow unites breath to movement while offering a variety of poses. You will flow between postures while building strength, endurance, balance, and mental focus. Expect a well-rounded practice involving sun salutations, standing and seated postures, and a strong focus on the power of breath.
Members: $25 per session
General Public: $50 per session (includes Zoo admission ticket for the full day)
(To purchase, click the “Purchase Tickets” on our homepage. Go to the Special Programs tab on the ticketing page; Members click on the Member Tickets for the discount)
What Can I Expect?
- A one-hour outdoor meditative yoga flow session suitable for all skills levels conducted by a certified yoga instructor
- All visitors are required to sign a waiver form to be eligible to participate in the class. Please print this waiver form and bring it with you to the class. Any participant who refuses to sign the waiver form will not be allowed to participate in the yoga class.
- Your ticket for the yoga class includes admission to the Zoo for the day. After the yoga class has concluded, we invite you to enjoy all the Zoo has to offer. If you need to put your yoga mat and supplies in your car, you can acquire a hand stamp at the entry gate that will allow you re-entry.
When Should I Arrive?
- Yoga classes start at 9 a.m., so arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 a.m. at the admissions gate so you have time to find the location and set up your yoga mat.
- Parking in our main guest parking lot will be available for $13 per vehicle. Parking passes can be purchased after the yoga class at the ticket windows or at the Zoo Gift Shop.
What Should I Bring?
- Your own yoga mat
Note Regarding Proper Attire: This is an outdoor class that is subject to cold temperatures. It is advised to bring clothing that is suitable for morning coastal temperatures with the possibility of wind. Athletic clothing is recommended for this class. Upper torsos must be covered at all times. The Zoo reserves to the right to deem certain clothing inappropriate for this class, which will result in the forfeiture of your ticket.
Is there an Age Requirement?
- This class is for adults 18 years of age or older. No minors will be allowed to participate in this yoga class and the Zoo will not provide child care.
What if I Need to Cancel?
- Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another date. This is a rain or shine event. Location is subject to change.
How does this support the mission of San Francisco Zoo & Gardens?
The mission of the San Francisco Zoo & Gardens is to connect all people with wildlife, inspire caring for nature and advance conservation action. By attending the yoga classes at the Zoo, you are connecting directly to the animals and their environments while providing financial support of the Zoo’s mission-driven efforts.