SF Zoo is Now Open!
The SF Zoo & Gardens is home to endangered species whose susceptibility to COVID-19 is unknown. We also host a summer school program for young children, for whom vaccinations may not yet be available. As a result, face coverings are mandatory at all indoor animal spaces and anywhere on Zoo grounds where you cannot maintain at least 6 ft. social distancing from other guests, staff members, or animals on exhibit. Thank you for your cooperation! (As of 6/28/21) (As of 5/7/21)
• All tickets must be purchased and reserved in advance online.
• All tickets must be purchased online for specified entrance time, and must be redeemed during that time.
Your entire party needs to be present to enter the Zoo.
• There are a limited number of reservations available per day. Check back if you aren’t able to make a reservation.
• Members must make a reservation for a time and date as well and will be issued a FREE admission ticket.
• For information on our rainy day policy see the Reopening FAQ’s.
• CityPASS ticket holders will receive the next available time upon arrival and do not need advance reservations.
Present your CityPASS ticket at Zoo entry. Learn more about saving 44% with CityPASS.
• Guests planning to park in the Zoo’s parking lot need to purchase a pre-paid parking ticket prior to your visit. Please note, pre-paid parking is only available in the morning, after that it is on a first come, first serve basis.
• Disabled guests can still park for free with a disabled placard. You do not need to pre-purchase parking.
• No in and out privileges.
• The zoo will not be accepting any cash. Apple Pay, Google Pay and credit card transactions only.
• Face coverings continue to be mandatory at all indoor animal spaces and anywhere on Zoo grounds where you cannot maintain at least 6 ft. distancing from other guests, staff members, or animals on exhibit. Anyone who has a written exemption from a healthcare provider based on a disability, medical condition, or other condition that prevents them from wearing a face covering does not need to wear a mask. You will receive a bracelet when you arrive.
• Please maintain a six-foot distance between your group and others when waiting.
• If you are feeling ill or have a cough or fever, please visit another time after you get better.
• No in and out privileges.
• Please follow the “rules of the road” on pathways, walk on the right and pass on the left.
• Stay safely behind red lines and avoid touching high contact surfaces.
• The Leaping Lemur Café is open with limited indoor seating. Take-out food and beverages is also available if you choose use the available outdoor seating and picinic tables. In addition, we are thrilled to introduce mobile ordering featuring touchless payment and pick-up. Check here for more details.
• Gift Shop is open with limited capacity. There also are outdoor pop-ups.
• Most restrooms are open, water fountains are closed.
• We have increased our cleaning and disinfecting protocols per CDC Guidelines.
• Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the park.
• Limited attendance to 50% of the Zoo’s capacity to maintain social distancing.
OUTDOOR ANIMAL AREAS ARE OPEN WITH SELECTED WINDOW VIEWINGS CLOSED. CLOSED AREAS INCLUDE:
• Lion House Indoor Viewing is closed but you can see the big cats in their outdoor yards
• California Conservation Corridor
• Family Farm
• Dentzel Carousel