Visit SF Zoo!
Your SF Zoo is open daily. To visit, you are required to reserve a date and time in advance. Tickets must be purchased online prior to your visit.
As home to endangered species whose susceptibility to COVID-19 is unknown and to protect young children for whom vaccinations are not yet available, guests are required to follow safety protocols when visiting. At this time, face coverings are mandatory at all indoor animal spaces and anywhere you cannot maintain at least six-feet social distancing from other guests, zoo staff or animals.
Thank you for your cooperation!
All tickets must be purchased and reserved in advance online.
All tickets must be purchased online for specified entrance time, and must be redeemed during that time.
Your entire party needs to be present to enter the Zoo.
There are a limited number of reservations available per day. Check back if you aren’t able to make a reservation.
Members must make a reservation for a time and date as well and will be issued a FREE admission ticket.
For information on our rainy day policy see the Reopening FAQ’s.
CityPASS ticket holders will receive the next available time upon arrival and do not need advance reservations. Present your CityPASS ticket at Zoo entry. Learn more about saving 44% with CityPASS.
Guests planning to park in the Zoo’s parking lot need to purchase a pre-paid parking ticket prior to your visit. Please note, pre-paid parking is only available in the morning, after that it is on a first come, first serve basis.
Disabled guests can still park for free with a disabled placard. You do not need to pre-purchase parking.
No in and out privileges.
The zoo will not be accepting any cash. Apple Pay, Google Pay and credit card transactions only.
Face coverings continue to be mandatory at all indoor animal spaces and anywhere on Zoo grounds where you cannot maintain at least 6 ft. distancing from other guests, staff members, or animals on exhibit.
Anyone who has a written exemption from a healthcare provider based on a disability, medical condition, or other condition that prevents them from wearing a face covering does not need to wear a mask. You will receive a bracelet when you arrive.
Please maintain a six-foot distance between your group and others when waiting.
FOR YOUR VISIT
- If you are feeling ill or have a cough or fever, please visit another time after you get better.
- No in and out privileges.
- In certain areas, please follow the instructions regarding one-way entry and exit.
- Stay safely behind red lines and avoid touching high-contact surfaces.
- Our main restaurant, the Leaping Lemur Café, is currently only open for take-out food and beverages. There is plenty of available outdoor seating and picnic tables. It’s a great time for a picnic on one of our lawn areas! In addition, mobile ordering featuring touchless payment and pick-up is now available. Check here for more details.
- Gift Shop is open with limited capacity. There also are outdoor kiosks.
- Public restrooms are open.
- We have increased our cleaning and disinfecting protocols per CDC Guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the park.
- Limited attendance to 50% of the Zoo’s capacity to maintain social distancing.
OUTDOOR ANIMAL AREAS ARE OPEN WITH SELECTED WINDOW VIEWINGS CLOSED.
TEMPORARILY CLOSED AREAS INCLUDE:
• Lion House Indoor Viewing is closed but you can see the big cats in their outdoor yards
• Family Farm