In celebration of World Water Day on March 22, SF residents can visit SF Zoo and receive free admission.
Here at San Francisco Zoo and Gardens, we are committed to protecting the environment. As a conservation organization, our operations is based on sustainable practices and we hope to be an example for our community in “going green.” One way we demonstrate this is through our water conservation efforts. We have multiple water bottle filling stations, use drought tolerant plants in our gardens and use recycled water in a variety of habitats.
What can I do at home?
· Take short showers
· Rinse fruits and vegetables in a bowl and reuse the water for your houseplants
· Install low flow shower heads
· Use drip irrigation
· Replace lawns with drought tolerant plants
· Install a rainwater catchment system
· Visit a carwash that uses recycled water rather than washing your car at home